Saturday, April 9, 2011

Strawberries and Cream Scones



Strawberries and Cream Scones
8 servings

2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup butter, cubed
2/3 cups half and half
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
2 teaspoons sugar


Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.  Cut in butter.  Add half and half and mix until just combined.  Gently stir in strawberries.  Pat dough in to a flattened circle.  Cut into 8 wedges.  Separate wedges and sprinkle each with sugar.  Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until done.  Serve warm and enjoy!

Linked to Sweet Indulgences SundayGooseberry Patch Recipe Roundup.

6 comments:

The Wandering Yankee said...

Ok, I hope you don't think I'm a loon but I saw your avatar on a comment on another blog (it was the recipe index roundup) and I clicked on it because I thought "she looks like a Christian". :) It's always nice to come across other sisters in the Lord and I just had to say HELLO!

Mandy Bird said...

I found you through A Well Seasoned Life and this recipe looks so tasty!
Thanks for sharing it!

Kim McCallie said...

These look delicious! And, strawberry season is in full bloom around here so the berries are at their cheapest and most flavorful right now. Plus, I've had scones on my kitchen bucket list - recipes to master! Thanks for linking up to Sweet Indulgences Sunday on A Well-Seasoned Life. Kim

Chels/Catz in the Kitchen said...

Mmm, I love me some scones. My only trouble is shaping them correctly. I guess I need more practice ;) Maybe I'll practice on these very soon :)

Lisa said...

Saw you on Well Seasoned Life. Your scones look delicious and delightful.

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Oh it sounds and looks perfect for breakfast! Wish I had some this morning!
New friend from http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/